Annual Application Qualifying Criteria
ERA Preferred Properties of Venice, Inc.
325 W. Venice Avenue, Venice, FL 34285
Phone: (941) 485-9602 Fax: (941) 485-7062
1. All adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed application and fee. A $55 non-refundable application fee will be required for each adult applicant. Applicant may be required to be approved by a condominium or homeowner’s association and may have to pay an additional application fee.
2. Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent. Verification of income can be in the form of the most current paycheck stub or statement from employer. ERA Preferred Properties of Venice, Inc. reserves the right to require a co-signer. Retired or unemployed applicants are required to supply verification of savings equal to at least 6 months of rent. Self-employed applicants are required to supply 2 years of tax returns or 1099’s. All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify.
3. Credit score must NOT be below 600. Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain judgments, eviction filing, collections, liens or bankruptcy within the past 2 years. Five medical collections and student loans are acceptable. Collections that have been paid or proof of payment agreement are acceptable.
4. A minimum of two years combined residential rental or home ownership history is required. Applicant must be named on the lease or mortgage. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, and no unpaid NSF checks. Applicant must have no outstanding balances with previous landlords, and no major damage to unit or failure to leave the property reasonably clean at the time of lease termination.
5. No pets (unless medically necessary) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission in the form of an addendum to the lease. A non-refundable pet fee of $150 is required per pet. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pet. Proof must be provided that pet qualifies as a medically necessary pet. Any damage caused by any pet will be charged to the tenant.
6. A non-refundable preparation fee in the amount of $35 will be charged to the Resident at the time of leasing the property.
7. Approved applicant must submit a deposit equal to one month’s rent within 48 hours of notice of approval. If deposit is not received, the property will go back on the market for lease. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and/or additional prepaid rent.
8. The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied property. Properties that have converted garages may have septic systems that will only accommodate the original configuration of the property.
9. Any exceptions to ERA Preferred Properties of Venice, Inc.’s criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the property owner for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
10. Our policy is to report all non-compliances with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau. rental or home ownership history is required. Applicant must be named on the lease or mortgage. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, and no unpaid NSF checks. Applicant must have no outstanding balances with previous landlords, and no major damage to unit or failure to leave the property reasonably clean at the time of lease termination.